How to Get to Bequia
"The only drawback (though also a plus, as it keeps out the riffraff) is that getting there requires a bit of effort, patience and expense." The New York Times
Bequia Travel Basics
Most international travelers come to Bequia through Barbados (BGI), the major international hub with direct connections to our island.
The easiest way to get here is to fly direct to Bequia from Barbados. The 1-hour flight is $267 one way year-round, including surcharges. (Charters are also an option.) All direct Bequia flights are booked via two airlines, which share flights; they do not participate in international reservations systems, so you have to contact them directly to arrange your flights.
An alternative, sometimes less expensive way to get here from Barbados is to fly to or from St. Vincent (SVD) then take the ferry. Unfortunately, the St. Vincent flights, operated by LIAT, are not well timed for smooth international connections, with many arriving too late to make the last ferry of the day at 6 p.m.
LIAT also flies to from other Caribbean islands to St. Vincent.
Steps to Booking Bequia Travel
- Contact either airline that books the direct flights to Bequia to find out whether they have seats available on your travel dates. Generally, international flights connect with the 4:30 p.m. flight TO Bequia and the 10:40 a.m. flight FROM Bequia.
- If direct flights are not available, look into alternatives:
- LIAT flights to St. Vincent and ferry to Bequia (Remember: The last ferry is at 6 p.m., so you may have to overnight in St. Vincent.)
- Overnighting in Barbados and flying the next day, either directly to Bequia at 1 or 4:30 p.m. or via LIAT to SVD and then taking the ferry.
Bequia Travel Contact Information
Direct Flights to Bequia from Barbados
- Mustique Airways: +1 784.458.4380 or email@example.com
- SVG Air: +1 784.457.5124 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Flights to St. Vincent
Ferry from St. Vincent to Bequia
(Call to Confirm)
Daily Direct International Flights to Barbados (BGI)
- London (British Airways, Virgin Atlantic)
- Miami (American Airlines)
- New York (JetBlue)
- Toronto (Air Canada, WestJet)
Note: Direct flights are available from other cities in season and, year-round, on select days of the week.