"The only drawback (though also a plus, as it keeps out the riffraff) is that getting there requires a bit of effort, patience and expense."
HOW TO GET TO BEQUIA?
Most international travellers come to Bequia through Barbados (BGI) or St. Lucia (UVF), two major international hubs with direct connections to our island.
The easiest way to get here is to fly direct to Bequia from Barbados or St. Lucia. (Charters are also an option.) These airlines do not participate in international reservations systems, so you have to contact them directly to arrange your flights.
Argyle International Airport (AIA) is the newest gateway to St. Vincent & the Grenadines and the newest International Airport in the Eastern Caribbean. An alternative, sometimes less expensive way to get here from Barbados or St. Lucia is to fly to or from Argyle International Airport (AIA) then take the ferry. Unfortunately, the St. Vincent flights, operated by LIAT, are not well-timed for smooth international connections, with many arriving too late to make the last ferry of the day at 6 p.m.
LIAT also flies to from other Caribbean islands to St. Vincent.
STEPS TO BOOK YOUR BEQUIA TRAVEL
- Contact either airline that books the direct flights to Bequia to find out whether they have seats available on your travel dates. Generally, international flights connect with a late afternoon flight TO Bequia and a morning flight FROM Bequia.
- If direct flights are not available, look into alternatives:
- LIAT flights to St. Vincent and ferry to Bequia (Remember: The last ferry is at 6 p.m., so you may have to overnight in St. Vincent.)
- Overnighting in Barbados or St. Lucia and flying the next day, either directly to Bequia or via LIAT to AIA and then taking the ferry.
- Once you have found inter-island flights, book your international flights and confirm your inter-island flights ASAP.
BEQUIA TRAVEL CONTACT INFORMATION
Direct Flights to Bequia from Barbados or St. Lucia
- Mustique Airways: +1 784.458.4380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- SVG Air: +1 784.457.5124 or email@example.com
- One Caribbean Airline: +1 784.457.2952 or firstname.lastname@example.org